If you're picking an ecommerce agency, what questions can you ask to make sure you're getting the right help?
1. Can you describe your support model, eg, do you offer 24 by 7 support, and is support staffed by your own staff or outsourced to a service desk? Rob Makin, Director and General Manager Sales and Marketing at Hostworks
2. How do I get my data out again when I want to leave, and will it be ready to use in whatever my new environment looks like? - Angus Dorney, Managing Director, Rackspace Australia
3. Do you have a back-up policy and practices, in case I need to access a back-up in emergencies? - Tony Smith, General Manager of Corporate Communications, Melbourne IT
4. Do you have with businesses with other clients in my industry, ad what services can you provide which will improve my business? - Samuel Yeats, Chief Executive Officer, Ultra Serve Internet
5. Is there a process of notifying the customer (the hosting companies customer) that there has been a breach and the extent of the breach? - George Kazangi, Managing Director, BlueCentral
UPDATE: We also received this suggestion:
How will you help to keep my site secure and what assistance can I expect from you should my site get hacked or come under a DDOS attack? - Bart Thomas, head of sales and marketing, Anchor.