Fancy sticking the words "Australian Small Business Champion" on your shop door and web site?
We've said it before, but taking time out of your working week to take a long hard look at your business might do your long term business survival some good.
Award nights can sometimes seem like a lot of hot air, but if you've never tried entering, it could be time well spent.
Minister for Small Business Brendan O'Connor has lent his support to the awards.
The great thing about awards like these is that they cover a variety of categories. There will be a winning hairdresser, for example, as well as a winning jewellery store and pet services business. There's a full list of categories here, which includes:
- Aged Care Services
- Automotive Services
- Bakery/Cake Store
- Beauty Services
- Business Services
- Child Care Centre
- Educational Services
- Fast Food/ Takeaway Store
- Fresh Food
- Gift Services
- Health & Fitness Services
+ quite a few more…. click here
About the only limitations for entering are that you must have 40 or fewer full time employees if you're in retail or services, or 100 or less if you're in manufacturing.
While some awards require you to spend quite a few hours on your entry, this one limits the work to answering some general questions, such as:
- Describe the level of customer service and the quality of products your business provides.
- Describe how your business contributes to the local community.
- Detail the successes of the business during the past two years.
- How are staff trained and motivated?
- Detail your commitment and endeavours in business and/or environmental sustainability.
- Describe where you see your business in the future.