Find out how the Telstra Trades Assist app could help you schedule and track jobs, quote faster and speed up other tasks.
Telstra is now offering an “all-in-one service management” app for tradies, called Telstra Trades Assist.
The app is designed to help you save time scheduling and tracking customer jobs, managing your inventory and assets, working with contractors and planning projects, among other common tasks.
At $125 for three users, the app isn’t cheap. But then it could save you a huge amount of time, if Telstra’s promotional material is to be believed.
Tasmanian business O’Byrne Plumbing uses the app, which Telstra says has saved the plumbing business’s administration manager at least 20 minutes per job.
That’s because they no longer need to record each client’s request on paper, write up a schedule on a whiteboard, and enter that information into a diary. The app has also removed the need to take job cards from plumbers at the end of reach day, calculate the cost to be charged, and input that into MYOB.
The Telstra Trades Assist apps’ features include:
- Job and project management – job scheduling and tracking, monitoring work completed, tracking inventory and assets and planning projects. It allows you to schedule jobs according to workers’ skills and availability and dispatch work orders to subcontractors. The app also keeps a record of customers’’ contact details and allows you to create safety checklists.
- Quoting – provides access to parts pricing and availability, so users can quote faster.
- Business dashboard – provides reports
- Connects to suppliers – the app connects to information from selected suppliers and partners that provide equipment hire, supply chain management and workplace safety, amongst other things. These companies include Master Electricians Australia, AAMI, GIO and Kennards Hire.
- Connects to Xero and MYOB – so you don’t have to manually re-enter details your accounting software.
The app is available on iPhone and iPad, so your workers can use it in the field.