There is a new 2013 version of Quicken on sale in Australia this week and now it goes by a new name. Click to read more.
If you need accounting software for you or your home business you should be aware that one of the most popular programs, Quicken, now has a new name.
The new version goes on sale today and Quicken is now called Reckon Accounts. The name changes are (information supplied by Reckon):
• Personal 2013 (previously Quicken Personal)
• Personal Plus 2013 (previously Quicken Personal Plus)
• Home & Business 2013 (previously Quicken Home & Business)
So what's new in the latest version?
Firstly, we have been told the new Reckon Accounts software will work with Windows 8.
Other new features include (information supplied by Reckon):
• A new Project/Job Tracking tool which helps improve efficiency by making it easier for users to manage all financial records relating to a particular job in one place.
• The new Net Worth Movement report aimed at helping users analyse their ongoing performance by providing a graphical comparison of closing balances from different periods.
• A single compressed back up file for safer storage and easy transfer.
• The updated programs also include the latest tax thresholds for the 2012/13 financial year.
What about QuickBooks?
The QuickBooks name is also going to change "early next year" when a Windows 8 compatible version is released.
Reckon has created this web page explaining which versions are compatible with Windows 8.
The QuickBooks name won't disappear though. QuickBooks Online is also available to Australian users, though it is offered via a different company, called Intuit.
MYOB also launched its cloud accounting program, called AccountRight Live, recently. Reckon also offers a cloud accounting program called QuickBooks Hosted and has plans for new cloud products in 2013, according to a media statement released today.