Compare various plans from Telstra, Optus, Virgin Mobile and Vodafone for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 goes on sale next week but all of the four major carriers (Telstra, Optus Vodafone and Virgin Mobile) are taking pre-orders starting from this week.
If you want the phone on the cheapest possible plan, than Virgin Mobile is the place to go with the telco offering the phone on a $53 a month plan but keep in mind that it only comes with $200 worth of included calls and 200MB of data. There is also a $58 plan which includes $450 worth of calls and 500MB of data or a $64 plan with $500 call credit and 1GB of data.
Full list of Virgin Mobile plans (includes mobile repayment):
- - $53/month $200 calls, 200MB data
- - $58/month $450 calls, 500MB data
- - $64/month $500 calls, 1GB data
- - $71/month, $700 calls, 1.5GB data
- - $92/month, Unlimited calls and SMS, 3GB data
- - $140/month, Unlimited calls and SMS, 6GB data
Like Virgin Mobile, Optus is also offering the phone on a range of different plans starting from $62 per month (200 minutes with 200MB of data) to all the way up to $105 a month which will get you 3GB of data and unlimited calls and SMS.
Full list of Optus plans (includes mobile repayment):
- - $62/month 200 mins, 200MB data
- - $72/month 450 minutes, 500MB data
- - $74/month 600 minutes, 1GB data
- - $90/month, 800 minutes, 2GB data
- - $105/month, Unlimited minutes, 3GB data
In terms of best value, Vodafone has the other carriers beat with a $75 plan which includes unlimited calls and SMS plus 1.5GB of data. It’s worth noting that Vodafone is also the only carrier offering the companion Galaxy Gear smartwatch accessory on a plan for an extra $5/month.
Telstra has the phone available only on the $88 plan which includes $800 worth of calls, unlimited SMS and 1.5GB of data.