Watch this video to see what a bunch of "ordinary" businesses did wrong with their web sites.
There's nothing like seeing someone else's poor job getting ripped apart to show you what not to do, right?
With that in mind let us introduce this video below. Watch it to see what a bunch of "ordinary" businesses did wrong with their web sites - from someone selling antique floor tiles, to a real estate business.
They've made some pretty basic mistakes with their web sites, but we all have.
This is an old video from 2010, but many of the concepts still apply.
Here's just a few of the key points made in the video:
- Don't be like the floor tile business and create a webpage with no text on it. It won't help you show up in Google.
- Don't give your site a name which bears no relevance to your business.
- Upgrade to the current version of Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla. It's important.
- Don't let the name of your site sound vaguely like it could have something to do with sex, if it doesn't.
- Have original content.
- Put the address on your page, including the city and state, especially if you're a restaurant.
- Good grief, there's a scary number of people who have no idea their sites have been hacked.