The HP Touchpoint Manager is an ambitious concept. Click for a brief introduction.
HP has announced HP Touchpoint Manager, a cloud-based system designed specifically for SMBs to manage their IT environments.
HP Touchpoint Manager is intended to be a one-stop IT management application to keep devices operational, data secure, and IT staff more productive. It is able to manage most operating systems - iOS, Android and Windows, devices and form factors.
HP Touchpoint Manager provides a web-based dashboard that lets you:
- Monitor the inventory and health of devices
- Remotely lock and wipe devices to help prevent unauthorised access to company data in the event of device loss or theft
- Automatically apply security and policy settings
- Communicate proactive alerts so IT administrators can quickly troubleshoot and prevent employee and device down-time
- Perform password and pin resets
- Enable IT management from the office or on-the-go
HP Touchpoint Manager is offered through pay-per-use subscription.
There's a 30-day free trial of HP Touchpoint Manager. Once the trial has ended, users can subscribe to the Basic version at a limited introductory price of AUD$2.40 (inc. GST) per user, per month until Nov 11, 2015. The Pro version costs AUD$11.20 (inc. GST) per user, per month for the same duration.
We haven't had the opportunity to test this product, though there's no doubt there's an increasing mix of laptops, desktops, smartphones and tablets for some small business owners to manage.