While Huawei isn’t exactly a household name in mobile phones, their new $499 smartphone might be of interest if you're on a budget. So what do you get?
While Huawei isn’t exactly a household name in mobile phones, their new $499 smartphone might be of interest if you want smartphone features but you're on a budget.
Billed as the “world’s thinnest smartphone” at only 6.18mm thin, the Huawei Ascend P6 goes on sale on July 15 and comes with some impressive features under the hood for a fairly modest $499 price tag:
- The smartphone sports a 4.7-inch 720P display
- a 1.5Ghz quad core processor
- 2GB of RAM
- Internal storage is fairly low at only 8GB but can be easily expanded via a Micro-SD card slot
- While we very rarely see smartphones go beyond 2MP for the front facing camera, Huawei has equipped the handset with a 5MP capable camera to go along with an 8MP rear facing camera.
- Huawei also claims that the touch screen will respond to touch input even while the user is wearing gloves.