Business advice, photography and coding are some of the new educational sessions coming to Apple Stores in May.
Training and educational sessions have long been a part of the Apple Store experience, and the company is building on that heritage with the launch of Today at Apple, a series of 60 free sessions in creative areas including photography, videography, design and coding.
Different sessions will be pitched at levels from beginners to professionals.
In Sydney and certain other cities around the world, some of these sessions will be led by world-class artists, photographers and musicians. The rest will mostly be led by Apple's new cadre of Creative Pros (the equivalents of the company's technical Geniuses).
Sessions planned for Australia include:
- Business Circuits – an opportunity for small business owners to engage with global and local entrepreneurs
- Studio Hours – bring your own creative project for expert advice, or just to work alongside others with similar interests
- Photography basics – six sessions covering shooting, organising, editing, and more
- Photo Walks – get outside and learn techniques such as framing architecture or capturing action on video
- Sketch Walks – get outside and explore observational drawing, watercolour and brush techniques, and more
- Coding – an introduction to programming using Swift Playgrounds, the accessible coding app for iPad.
While not initially available in Australia, there is some indication that sessions for advanced Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X users may be added to the timetable at a later date.