Here is another way to reach out to particular subsets of your customers using Xero.
Some might say it's easier to sell to an existing customer than to find a new one.
With this in mindn, we noticed an update to Xero allows you to generate lists of customers that match various criteria.
Examples could include reminders about services such as pest spraying that need to be repeated at regular intervals, campaigns aimed at people who purchased certain items in the past and may now be thinking about replacing them, special promotions aimed at particularly valuable customers ("come to our VIP night next Friday and get 10% off all new-season items"), or targeting customers in a particular area (eg, because you're providing on-site service to one client next week and you'd prefer to do some additional work while you're in the neighbourhood).
The feature can also be used for administrative purposes, such as chasing up customers who haven't paid according to the agreed terms.
The resulting list can be saved as a CSV file so it can be opened in a spreadsheet or other program, or sent directly to the Constant Contact email marketing service.
You can also save the smart search for later reuse.
Other changes that arrived in Xero this week included:
- the addition of training videos to the login screen
- provision for unit prices with up to four decimal places (ie, hundredths of a cent)
- the option to update repeating invoices when changing a contact's email address
- lients and suppliers can be given default account codes and tracking
- a new 'consultant' role available to accounting practices so they can invite outsiders such as bookkeepers into their clients' operations without categorising them as staff members.