Thinking about starting a business? The Federal Government has five tips that it says will help a new business to thrive.
We've commented on it before, but it's an eye opener how much sensible, and free advice there is out there for new business owners.
Case in point: here is a list of five things you should do before starting a business, from Business.gov.au:
- Decide if you're ready to start your own business
- Conduct market research into your business idea
- Choose your type of business and business structure
- Write a business plan for your new business
- Create a marketing plan for your new business
If you click the link above, you'll find links to resources such as other web pages, apps, videos and downloadable documents.
Note that second last point - have a business plan. Only last week we heard someone from a business support body say that they see a lot of people starting a new business without a business plan.